Which bike would be best for me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which bike would be best for me?

So I have spent days researching best stunt bikes, and everything seems to say f4i, any year, or zx6r. I was leaning with the Honda, but once I started checking out classifieds I realised two things:

God DAMN I think the 07-08 ZX6R is sexy:

And it's only $600 more expensive than a late model f4i where I live.

So I had some questions:

Nobody seems to recommend this particular model of motorbike. Is there a particular reason why this model is inappropriate for stuntlyfe?

Is an undertail exhaust a good thing for a noob stunter?

So yeah, total noob to stuntlyfe, been riding for a few years but mainly commuting on small 250s. Looking for something that's tough (f4i), but if it isn't going to make my life too terrible I'd trade a bit of toughness for more speed, better handling, better value, and that ass.

And while I've got everybody's attention, where do the triumph 675, gsxr 600, Yamaha r6 fit in?

Have always loved the triumph, if it turns out they're good would probably be my first pick (but the zx6r's grown on me)

Last edited by Dancehall; 07-05-2017, 06:04 AM.

F4i is a great bike to learn on. They are the cheapest to repair, easy to find motors and parts for. I learned on a f4i. If you have money to spend the best kawasaki to use is a 2003 to 2004 kawasaki 636. They made a 600 and 636 that year you don't want the 600.

The 05 to 06 and 07 to 08 kawasakis just aren't very popular. One reason is the motors are not reliable, they don't have a good strong pulling idle, they do need a steel frame. Just a lot of things working agaist them. But their are people out there that kill it on them!!

Always remember anyone can kill it on any bike. All in personal preference.

The same goes for the gsxr, and r6 as i stated about the 05 06 07 08 kawasaki. The only popular r6 to be stunted is a R6s. I don't know much about the R6s so I will leave that to someone els to reply.

Now for the triumph!!! I ride a 03 04 kawasaki 636 and I will be setting up a triumph street triple this winter!! Check out Nick apex. He rides a triumph and kills it!! Along with several other people. But they do get pricy and not many used stunt parts for them like you can find for other bikes. The triumph is a light, powerful bike!! Not many people ride them. I'm not sure why not. But like I said that is the bike I will be setting up soon.

Now in my opinion I think you should find yourself a setup f4i to learn on. Hit balance point. Toss it, drop it, anything and it will keep going. Then when you have learned step up to a different bike if you want. Some people will never switch from a f4i to another bike. HPaul from chicago kills it on a f4i, gtek also from chicago kills it on a f4i, Ryan Gardner from UGK kills it on a f4i. I could go on and on.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Comment

Listen to FloydStunts. Perfect advice. Go with used F4i.. Then once you dial it in, switch over to 03-03 636 or 2013 636.
        www.stuntride.com

Comment

All that info is super helpful. Most of the recommendations for the f4i are a few years old, so it's nice to know it's still the best!
          ​​​​​​
          But I have a question with the exhaust, in my mind it seems like it would be significantly better to have an undertail. Doesn't the exhaust get wrecked from being dropped?

(I used to ride 2T so maybe I'm just over thinking the importance of the exhaust here?)

So found a nice f4i for around $4k, '04, 30k km on the dash. Anything I should keep an eye on when I got to check it out?

And completely changing strategy, how do people feel about motards for learning the basics of stunting?
          I can get a WR250/450 for around the same cost as the f4i.
          ​​
          Last edited by Dancehall; 07-06-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dancehall View Post
            All that info is super helpful. Most of the recommendations for the f4i are a few years old, so it's nice to know it's still the best!
            ​​​​​​
            But I have a question with the exhaust, in my mind it seems like it would be significantly better to have an undertail. Doesn't the exhaust get wrecked from being dropped?

(I used to ride 2T so maybe I'm just over thinking the importance of the exhaust here?)

So found a nice f4i for around $4k, '04, 30k km on the dash. Anything I should keep an eye on when I got to check it out?

And completely changing strategy, how do people feel about motards for learning the basics of stunting?
            ​​
            to me exhaust doesnt matter and its a quick change to whatever you prefer. on my 06 i have run side mount and undertail. i prefer undertail on that bike. i dont even know WHY i prefer it lol i just do. side ones wont get messed when you drop it..for the most part. your cage and subcage will help, unless of course youre having crazy wrecks. if youre worried about the exhaust, run a shitty old can till u learn?? one thing to keep in mind as you decide to buy a stunt bike and start the journey... you're gonna fuck your bike up, dont let this limit you - shit can be fixed. get good protection to limit the damage, but its gonna happen, so realize that now hehe.

as far as supermoto... thats your style preference i think. what you wanna do with your riding? i see ppl start on supermoto and not usually move up/learn a lot of cool tricks? i know a couple that circle and ride it in the lot - but most just play with sitdowns on the street. i think with f4i you will be able to do burnouts, drifts, learn more combo tricks - do more with it. but thats just my 2cents.
            www.facebook.com/MC508

www.facebook.com/robynstunts

Riding is love. <3

Comment

So I have spent days researching best stunt bikes, and everything seems to say f4i, any year, or zx6r. I was leaning with the Honda, but once I started checking out classifieds I realised two things:

God DAMN I think the 07-08 ZX6R is sexy:

And it's only $600 more expensive than a late model f4i where I live.

So I had some questions:

Nobody seems to recommend this particular model of motorbike. Is there a particular reason why this model is inappropriate for stuntlyfe?

Is an undertail exhaust a good thing for a noob stunter?

So yeah, total noob to stuntlyfe, been riding for a few years but mainly commuting on small 250s. Looking for something that's tough (f4i), but if it isn't going to make my life too terrible I'd trade a bit of toughness for more speed, better handling, better value, and that ass.

And while I've got everybody's attention, where do the triumph 675, gsxr 600, Yamaha r6 fit in?

Have always loved the triumph, if it turns out they're good would probably be my first pick (but the zx6r's grown on me) meilleur taux

Ce sont toutes des belles bécanes

Comment

There is a reason everyone says f4i. If you're a beginner and gonna crash (you will) the f4i is a tank out of the box. A majority of other bikes will need steel frames.
                it's gonna come down to personal preference because people get told f4i then ultimately get what they want.
                -i used to be a kawi guy. Decided to make an adult purchase knowing I'm a squid and would wreck a lot and bought the f4i....now I'm a Honda guy. Looking to replace my street and track bikes with Honda's. Lol

Comment

http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com/

Comment

​​​​​​
                    But I have a question with the exhaust, in my mind it seems like it would be significantly better to have an undertail Travaux dépendance seniors. Doesn't the exhaust get wrecked from being dropped?

​​
                    I'm sure that everyone will find his account this year with the new bikes that will come out.

Comment

​​​​​​

​​
                      As most have already said nearly everything is going to be rider prefrence, however, I personally wouldn't drop 4k on a bike I'm going to be learning on.... And if you set a bike up, that has tradional side mount exhaust, properly i.e. cage, axle sliders, well fabbed shorty muffler, the exhaust won't take much damage.
                      Last edited by a913life; 02-04-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Dude there is f4is going for like $1000-$1500 all over face book but you need to tell them to post them bitches for sale on here

Comment

01 F4i or 03-04 636 for sure!
                          www.stuntride.com

Comment

Bottom Of Page Ad

Collapse

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Loading Calendar...
                          Loading Calendar...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X